Finally there is a DIY for a decent makeup brush cleaner. It’s not an exact dupe for the famous Cinema Secrets cleaner but it is damn close. And it’s much cheaper!
Lets first think about what the Cinema Secrets makeup brush cleaner ingredients which are Paraffinum Liquidum, SD Alcohol 40B (Ethyl Alcohol), Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla Bean) Fruit Extract, Water and D&C Green#6. Most of these ingredients simply aren’t that special and you can get them at your local drugstore. The most confusing ingredient is probably paraffinum liquidum which is actually unscented baby oil. And you can choose to use 99% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) or 70% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) in your mixture.
The thing about DIY stuff is you can make it to your own liking. Here is the basic recipe:
- 1/2 cup 99% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) or 70% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol).
- 1/2 cup paraffinum liquidum or baby oil.
- 1/2 cup distilled water (some people choose not to add any water to mixture).
- A few drops of baby shampoo.
- optional… scented oil.
- directions… submerge brush for a few moments, rinse and dry with paper or cloth towel.
Here is a second brush cleaning recipe not so much a dupe for the Cinema Secrets. This is a similar mixture with some slight variation. See which mixture works best for you!
- 4 Cups Distilled Water
- 12 ounces 99% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) or 70% Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol).
- 2 tablespoon ivory dishwashing liquid.
- 2 tablespoon baby shampoo.
- 4 tablespoon leave in conditioning hair spray.
- Mix and pour inside bottle.