NYX Butter Lipsticks will set you back $6 each. ULTA even carries more than 30 colors available online. Wow! I know some people swear by the NYX Butter Lipsticks but I can’t stand behind these lipsticks. Let us explore why together…
- Nice color selection.
- Formula helps to keep lips moisturized.
- Color fades extremely fast.
- Too soft and creamy making it almost like applying vaseline to the lips.
- Product tends to smear.
- Lipstick color can be uneven due to extreme softness of formula.
- When building color product tends to just move around the lips.
- There are other lipsticks that keep lips moisturized without extreme smearing or fading.
- Cost too high for basically a lip balm with color pigment.
My main thing is that I feel one can grab any Wet N Wild gloss or Essence lipstick and it will last longer than a Butter Lipstick for about half the price. I truly feel few lipsticks can surpass the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick line. The Super Lustrous formula is moisturizing, comes in 82 shades in matte, pearl, creme and sheer at $4.75 at Target.
Disclaimer… This is my opinion based on my own experiences. If you love or hate NYX butter lipsticks or anything else discussed or not mentioned here please feel free to comment, I would love to hear from ya!